I'm one of those people who likes the idea of putting together complex outfits with tons of accessories, but in my day-to-day reality, running from photoshoots to meetings to appointments, I usually just end up putting on something easy, comfortable, and quick in the morning. My go-to for a long time was trendy jeans, but about a month ago I discovered the unicorn of the fashion world: jumpsuits.
Jumpsuits are magical. A cute jumpsuit is literally the only piece of clothing you have to put on before walking out the door (though don't forget shoes!). You can accessorize a jumpsuit if you want, but you don't have to, and you'll still look put-together.
- it's really a hard piece to mess up style-wise (just make sure it's a bit flowy for office and everyday)
- it's super comfortable to wear (no bulges here)
- it easily goes from office to night out
- there are endless different styles that are flattering on any body type - culottes, wide leg, skinny, off-the-shoulder, open-back, halter-top... and so on
- going to the bathroom involves taking off your top (not the worst)
I've basically been living in this floral culotte waist-cinched jumpsuit that I bought last month. I pair it with my tan oxford slip-ons or brown booties and cute sunnies, and I'm good to go, which is so perfect for those mornings when I have to run out the door.
So for those days when you're feeling down, rushed, or just lacking creativity, throw on a cute jumpsuit and life will instantly get better.
Scroll down to shop this look!
Photos by Hannah Anisa
Julia O Test is a lifestyle blogger and photographer based in San Francisco.